Thursday, May 22, 2008

Eye Candy Fashion Feature #1

Fashion is equivalent to candy, in my book. Whether it's a fabulous handbag, a gorgeous shoe, an adorable blouse, or sexy knee-length skirt, I always get a heady rush whenever a sweet piece catches my eye.

If you're nodding your head because you can relate, you'll also agree that with all the great things to choose from, sometimes putting a look together for yourself can be a tad bit overwhelming .

You're a true-blue fashionista if you can pull an outfit together in your sleep. But, for those of you who can barely grasp the concept of what "a look" is, a helping of enlightenment is all you need.

I didn't have to go far to find stylish options to wade through. Etsy provided all of the cool things to choose from. It was quite tough selecting only 6 looks to help you add a hint of pizazz to your wardrobe.

I enjoyed discovering an abundance of handmade and vintage pieces. Call me your candy-making-virtual-stylist, if you will. My hope is that you love the eye-candy below, as much as I did serving it to you . . .



Weekend Cool: Pink Lovers Dream Tam (sold) Vintage Wooden Bangle Bracelet $7 Ocean Front Necklace $18 Daisy Tunic $85 70's Multi Color Marble Glasses (sold) Vintage 1970's LETISSE Softest Leather Clutch (sold)


Brunch in the City: Peach Purple Stripe Printed Tank $24.50 Silver Cats Eye Bracelet $19 Vintage Knit Red Pencil Skirt $14 Nightsky Earrings $28 Elegant Vintage Navy Clutch Purse $18



Comfortably Edgy: Smello Sweatshirt $45 Constellation Earrings $46 Ali Handbag $175 Stove Pipe Pants in Grey Denim $89 Custom Painted Sneaker $300 Organic Nesting Bracelet $30


Office to After-Work Chic: Retro Cropped Sleeves Jacket $52 Filigree Cup Ring $12 Sleek Leather Clutch $95 The Lucy Jumper $109 Purple Peep-Toe Shoes $15 Pair of No Slip Hair Clips $3.75


The Bright Side of Life: Beautiful Hand Painted Tan Dress $42 I Am Perky Ring $6 STRENGTH Five Stone Bangle Bracelet $66 Black Fish Leather Sandals $76 566 Oxidized Sterling Silver Wire Wrapped Hoop Earrings $65 Yellow Canvas Totebag w/Pink Camera Print $10


Jetsetting 101: Vintage Inspired Jeans Jacket $250 Sweet Horse Chestnut Droop Studs $170 Vintage Leather Oversized Convertible Clutch $32 Retro High Waisted Knit Pencil Skirt (sold) Golden Rock Crystal Ring $13 Vintage 80's Snakeskin Peep Toe Heels $42

TOP LEFT: Cropped Sequin Mod Top $45 Jet Cosmic Ring $18 Santoki Vintage




To visit Carnival, please click here.

16 comments:

Punky N Munky said...

what a fantastic post! There are some really awesome items featured here! Thank you for including my no slip hair clips!

Carnival said...

Thank you punky! You're welcome. I love pretty golden clips.

Unknown said...

Wow... you've made putting together so many different emsembles look like a piece of cake! Thanks for featuring my Nightsky Earrings :)))

Kia said...

THanks a bunch for featuring my tank! I actually enjoyed reading you blog because as i read through....it makes me want to know more and more about what your going to say next or how to place an outfit together...Just by looking at your choices....i think we have the same taste in style ...heheh


thanks again
nostalgia

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I love this article. I love your blog! Thanks so much for including me. The looks are great and well put together. You are true stylinista! I just made up a word. Beautiful I will be back for more reading for sure!

Ren
raghousenternational.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

You;'ve got good taste! ^_-

Anonymous said...

Thank you for featuring my oversized clutch and putting it together with other cool finds. The collections you've put together are awesome!

BeadedTail said...

Wow! You certainly put together beautiful collections. You truly are an "candy-making-virtual-stylist"! Thank you so much for including our Silver cats eye bracelet for a Brunch in the City!

Katie L. said...

Great finds!!! I love the looks you put together :)

Anonymous said...

love your picks... I wish I had enough money to indulge in all of them (well, and not feel guilty)!

Anonymous said...

How I wish those yellow snakeskin shoes were my size!

Carnival said...

Thank you all for the great comments! It was so much fun picking these looks. I can't wait for the next round. Thanks for visiting :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous finds!

Carnival said...

Thanks jessica!

Unknown said...

your blog is awesome, thank you so much for all the great fashion tips. I will definately keep coming back for more!

Carnival said...

Thank you petits bijoux! I look forward to seeing you again :)